Sunday, November 17, 2013

Stuffed Smoked Pork Loin

    I hope everybody is doing well. I possibly have an extended time off from work. So, I am going to try and get caught up on all the blogs I have been meaning to get out. I have multiple recipes to post. I am also going to be trying a few new things to make recipes easier. I think you will notice the picture clarity is better too. I got a new phone over the summer that has a way better camera than my previous one. As always feel free to comment and share my blog with others. The recipe today is one that came out really good. I had been wanting to make a stuffed pork loin for a while and I finally made one not that long ago. 

 Smoked Stuffed Pork Loin

Ingredients:
Pork loin
apple cider
salt and pepper
garlic powder
sweet onion
garlic cloves
apple
carrot
apple cider vinegar (or more apple cider/ apple juice)  for spritzing

  1.  Trim any silver skin from pork loin and butterfly loin.
  2. Inject pork loin with a mixture of apple cider, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Save any leftover injection.
  3. Salt and pepper the inside of the pork loin.
  4. Stuff inside with sliced onion and cut garlic cloves.
  5. Tie the loin together with butchers string.
  6. Rub outside of loin with olive oil and salt and pepper.
  7. Put loin in a metal or foil pan.
  8. Add sliced carrots, onion, and diced apple to the pan around the loin.
  9. Drizzle olive oil and leftover injection on the veggies.
  10. Tent with foil and poke a few holes in the top of the foil to vent it.   
  11. Smoke the pork at 300 degrees indirect heat until it reaches 165 internal temp. It took about an hour and a half for mine to reach temp. I used alder with a little apple wood as my wood. I also had a few hickory briquettes mixed in.
  12. Spritz meat and veggies a few times with apple cider vinegar or apple juice.
  13. Remove the meat from the pan and let rest.
  14. Spread the veggies out in the pan and roast over direct heat for an extra 15 minutes.
  15. Remove the string and slice the pork before serving.

Pork on the grill

Nice view of pork cooking

Veggies all done.
Pork up close after slicing
The pork was super moist and very flavorful. The veggies had an incredible smokey flavor to them. We really enjoyed it. Have a good week and happy grillin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment