Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Char-Broil Grill top Infuser First Grill!

We had a busy weekend of attending weddings, so I didn't get to grill till Monday night. I have some time  off work, so I have been getting things done around the house.
My Char-Broil Grill Top Infuser came in the mail on Saturday and I decided to try it out for dinner Monday. I sprayed all the parts with cooking spray and I put  a small handful  of Hickory wood chips in the bottom. Then the infuser basket was put in. In the infuser basket, I put carrots, broccoli, and cherry tomatoes. I salted and peppered the veggies and put the grill rack on top. On the rack I was able to fit 3 pork sirloin chops. I salted, peppered and rubbed the pork with Pampered Chef Smokey BBQ Rub.  After that, I put the lid on and put the whole thing on the screaming hot grill. I turned the heat down to medium and put my Pampered Chef BBQ Roasting Pan on the grill to heat up. While the pan was heating up, I quartered potatoes and tossed them with salt, pepper, more of the Pampered Chef Smokey BBQ Rub and olive oil. I put the potatoes in the pan and grilled them, stirring occasionally till they were done. I cooked everything in the infuser for about 40-45 minutes. I think that might have been a little too much time because the meat was a little over 170 degrees by that time. I should have checked it sooner, but I was afraid it wasn't going to be done since the meat was so thick and I didn't trust the infuser yet. I tossed the pork on the grill for a minute per side to add a few grill marks. After that I let it rest for 5 minutes.
Infuser and roasting pan

Pork just before I took it off the Infuser


Veggies in the Infuser.
 The meat was a little dry because I overcooked it, but it was really good with bbq sauce. The veggies had an incredible smokey flavor to them. They were amazingly delicious. The potatoes were good too. I will definitely be using the infuser more and think it was worth the $25. I have even read of people using it on their grills side burner. Also it is all dishwasher safe.


Most of it fit on the dishwasher top rack
I am planing on grilling fish in the infuser this weekend. I hope everybody has a good rest of their week. Happy grilling!
Matt

2 comments:

  1. Black paint like residue has come off my grill the 2 times I used it. I love the food I cooked, but this residue worries me. Has anyone had this problem?
    Thanks,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First off, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. My work schedule has kept me busy all summer. To answer your question, I don't know of anybody else that has had that problem. Charbroil does have a forum for users on their website and they are very helpful.

      Delete