Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Burgers!

   I hope everybody had a good week. It was pretty busy with work, but I was home at a normal time Friday night. Saturday was a busy filled with lots of monthly shopping and errands. I even got my hair cut. It was time, since the last time was February or March. We took advantage of a good special and picked up a pizza for dinner.
   Sunday, I made breakfast. I cooked up bacon for breakfast and some to go on dinner. The bacon was cooked in my cast iron skillet. When I was done cooking the bacon I poured the grease out and made a dutch baby in it. See my post "Dutch Baby" for the recipe. We all love them.
   While Isabella took her nap later, I prepped dinner. I made Isabella moose burger sliders and Stacy and I regular hamburgers. In both sets of burger I added: olive oil, salt, pepper, dehydrated onion, shredded mozzarella cheese, crumbled bacon, Pampered Chef Smoky Applewood rub, and Worcestershire sauce. I formed the burgers into patties and put a depression in the top of each one. I had heard that the depression helps keep your burgers from shrinking too much. So I tried it and it seemed to help. The burgers went into the freezer until it was time to grill them.  I also cut regular and sweet potatoes into fries. Plus a couple onion slices got skewered.
     When it was time to make dinner, I heated the grill. I seasoned the fries with oil, salt, pepper and more applewood rub. The fries went into the Pampered Chef Roasting Pan and Can Holder. I grilled Isabella's burgers first and put the onion on the grill. The onion got drizzled with olive oil and salt and peppered. Once Isabella's burgers were done, I grilled our burgers. I took the onion off after it had nice grill marks and was softened. After the burgers were cooked, the buns all got grilled. As one last touch, I put the lettuce on the grill for about 30 seconds.
     
    I topped my burger with mayo, cheddar cheese, ketchup, the grilled onion and lettuce, and bacon. They were nice and juicy. Isabella ate most of her's which is good cause she doesn't eat her meat very well. She also kept wanting more fries. We really enjoyed our burgers. We also had Bush's Grillin' beans with dinner too.
   Thanks for reading and have a great week!
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment