Thursday, September 13, 2012

Smoke-Roasted Pears!

I had a pretty good weekend. I worked late on Friday and we got the wind damaged plane fixed. They made 9 flights over the weekend and were very happy with our hard work. Saturday we ran errands and harvested the rest of our vegetables in our garden. We had a few more zucchinis, a summer squash, some carrots and lots of green tomatoes. We are ripening the tomatoes in the house and I will let you know how that goes.
  Sunday, we went over to the in-laws house and had a nice lunch of deep fried cod. For dinner, I grilled smoked sausage and mini sweet peppers. I also smoke roasted pears using a Steven Raichlen recipe that I modified slightly to our tastes.  I still cut part of the tops off, scooped out the seeds, and squeezed lemon juice in the cavity. Next, I mixed 4 oz of cream cheese (since I was only using 3 pears), the full amount of brown sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon and vanilla extract. I stuffed the pears and put them on foil rings that I made by rolling foil up and coiling into rings. I put apple wood in my smoker box and grilled the pears on indirect medium heat for 45 minutes or so.
Here is dinner cooking. The center burner is off and the 2 outside burners are on medium

Here is the yummy goodness of the inside!
   We loved the pears! They had an incredible flavor. We had planned on only giving Isabella half of one, but she kept wanting more and ate a whole pear! This is definitely a keeper recipe. It was kind of like a pear pie. I'll hopefully be smoke roasting more fruit this fall.
    I had a discount code for 25 percent off anything on the Char-Boil website and so I ordered myself a new grill tool.  I ordered the Char-Boil Infusion cooker. Watch the video and see how cool this thing looks. I should have it in a few weeks and will be letting you all know how it works.
  I'd like to let you guys know that I sometimes post links to websites and recipes. I usually hide them within my posts. These links show up as blue words. Just click on the words and it will take you to the website. I just wanted to make sure that everybody knows about this feature so they can get everything out of my blog.
  I hope everybody has a good week. Happy grilling!
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment