Sunday, November 18, 2012

Bison Meatballs and Turkey Bean Soup!

       I hope everybody had a good week. This is a non grilling recipe post, though you could grill the meatballs. I watched my Isabella all day Saturday while Stacy did a vendor show with Pampered Chef.  I made bison meatballs. Isabella is allergic to beef and awhile back we found some ground bison on sale. I decided to make meatballs with them. I formed them during nap time.
       To the bison I added, chopped colored bell peppers, chopped onion, Pampered Chef Smoky Applewood Rub, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. I mixed all the ingredients up and formed them onto balls. The meatballs went into the Pampered Chef Small Ridged Baker and into the fridge. Next, I cut up carrots tossed them with olive oil, some Pampered Chef Smoky Applewood Rub, salt and pepper. I covered the glass pan with foil and also put them in the fridge.  About an hour and ten minutes before dinner, I set the oven to 350 and put both the meatballs and carrots in the oven as it preheated. After about 40 minutes I stirred the carrots and took the foil off. I also flipped the meatballs over. After an hour I took the carrots out of the oven and turned the meatballs again. I basted the meatballs with some Pampered Chef Beer Barbecue Sauce.  I cooked the meatballs for about 10 more minutes.They got basted with more sauce and taken out of the oven. We had pasta tossed with butter, the meatballs and carrots. The meatballs were tasty but a little dry. I would add some olive oil to them next time. They were good with the barbecue sauce. The carrots were really good. They were the fantastic.
Mmm yummy dinner!

Meatballs!
         Sunday, Stacy was still fighting a cold and wanted soup for dinner. We had ground turkey in the fridge so I decided to make a turkey bean soup. In our enameled cast iron dutch oven, I cooked the turkey with a little olive oil. As the turkey was cooking I added chopped onion, chopped colored bell pepper,  a handful of frozen corn, salt, pepper, and  3 Tablespoons of Pampered Chef Bell Pepper Rub. When the turkey was almost done I added minced garlic and 2 handfuls of chopped cilantro. Next I added, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, a can each of red beans and kidney beans undrained. I stirred everything and simmered it all together for about an hour and half stirring occasionally. The soup came our really good, almost like a chili. It was just what Stacy was craving.
      It is really windy out right now and so I don't think I will grill this weekend either. I did find a pork roast and will be smoking it soon. I hope everybody has a Happy Thanksgiving! Stay safe. Happy grillin!

No comments:

Post a Comment