Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Funfetti Waffles and BBQ Pizza

       Last weekend was a busy one for us. Saturday morning we got up and I made Funfetti waffles for breakfast. These waffles are pretty easy to make. All you do is take a funfetti cake mix ( any flavor cake mix would work too) and mix the batter according to the directions on the box. Next, you pour some of the cake batter in a heated waffle iron and cook just like any other waffle. You then cook more waffles until the batter is gone. They taste good plain, or with butter on them, or however else you what to serve them. The leftovers freeze well and taste good heated up in the toaster.
      Saturday afternoon, we went to Anchorage and went to a birthday party for our niece Ashlynn. Isabella had a good time playing with all the toys they had. Lot's of fun was had by all.
Sunday we went to the Mat-Su Home Show. We won $5 at a booth. We also got some good information on various things. Isabella enjoyed herself getting pushed in her stroller and she got a purple balloon.
     For Sunday dinner, I made another BBQ pizza. This time though, I made it in my 12 inch cast iron skillet. For the crust I put corn meal on the bottom of the pan and stretched a refrigerated pizza crust over the bottom and up the sides. I then poured some Pampered Chef Beer Barbecue sauce on the crust and spread it around. After that came cooked ground pork that had been seasoned with Pampered Chef  Smoky Barbecue Rub. Next came sliced sweet onion and pineapple tidbits. Finally a mixture of mozzarella, cheddar, and parmigiana and pepper. I put the whole pan on my heated grill and turned the 2 outer burners to medium and the center to low and closed the lid. I cooked it for 20 minutes or so turning the pan about halfway thru cooking.    

The pizza slid right out of the pan and we all enjoyed it.
      I'm not sure what kind of grilling adventures I will have this weekend. We are going to be putting in our garden and Sunday will be a trip to Anchorage for the Aviation Trade Show. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment