Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The garden is growing!




I hope everybody had a good Memorial day weekend. I had to work Monday, but had a good rest of the weekend. Stacy and I went outside and planted more things in the garden while Isabella napped on Saturday. We planted some rhubarb that came from one of Stacy's aunts. Also some rhubarb  roots. Stacy planted some fuchsias in hanging baskets and a sunflower. Then in her Topsy-Turvy, we planted a couple tomato plants and sweet pepper plants. Also we weeded the flower bed in front of the house and planted some Alaskan scatter garden seeds.
Our rhubarb
Hanging baskets and Topsy-Turvy
Isabella came outside after dinner to inspect her flower

 Our squash, zucchini, carrots and onions are all looking good.














   
 For dinner, I made grilled turkey breast tenderloins. I salt and peppered them, then rubbed them with Pampered Chef Smoky BBQ Rub. I grilled them till they were almost done and basted the breasts with Pampered Chef Blackberry Balsamic Sauce. We dipped them in more of the sauce when we ate them. We also had grilled peppers, onions and carrots. We liked the sauce. It had a nice flavor that went well with the turkey. Stacy and I made milkshakes after Isabella was in bed. I used the sauce in my milkshake. It was different, but good. After dinner we all went outside and took a family walk to the end of our street and back. What would take Stacy and I, 3 minutes or so took us all 15 minutes. Isabella kept stopping and  touching rocks and sticks or sitting in the gravel and playing.
          Sunday, we went over to Stacy's parents house and had a BBQ. I manned the grill since it was raining. We had a good time and enjoyed ourselves.
    I have added a "follow by email" gadget at the side. If you want to get this blog by email when I post a new blog, type your email in the box and hit "subscribe".
  Also, I will be having a Pampered Chef Grilling Party on June 9th at 4pm. If you can't make it you will be able to order online. I will have the instructions for ordering and details in my next blog. Have a great rest of your week!
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment