Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pork Chops and Grilled Bananas!

I hope everybody had a good week. I had a fairly busy weekend. I grilled dinner Saturday and Sunday. Sunday was the Super Bowl so I made a fairly involved dinner. Because Sunday was a lot of work and prep, I will be doing that menu on a separate post. Look forward to that one coming in a few days. Last week, I won a contest on Facebook! I posted a couple pics on a page and was chosen randomly as the winner. I will be receiving a mini gift pack from Big Butz BBQ Sauce soon. When I get my prize I will tell you all about it. Thanks Big Butz for hosting the contest! Now on with the show!
   Saturday was Worldwide Hardcore Winter Grilling Day. It was an event on Facebook. I participated by grilling pork chops and bananas. I thawed some pork chops just enough that I could separate them from each other. Then, I seasoned them with salt, pepper and I think a smokey red pepper rub or smokey apple wood rub. I usually can remember what rub I use, but so much went on last weekend that I can't remember. I need to start keeping a log of that I am grilling as I do it even if it is just a note on my phone. I threw them on the grill at medium high heat. I grilled the pork chops for about 15 minutes.I should have checked their internal temp when I took them off. The inside was a little pink in a couple spots when we cut into one after resting. We cooked them a couple more minutes and they were fine. As a dipping sauce for the pork, I mixed Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce and lite mayo together with a little of the rub I used on the pork.
Pork chops and yes those are bananas!

 I also put some whole unpeeled bananas on the grill at medium meat. The bananas got rotated after a few minutes and cooked for about 5 minutes total. They were done when the peel had grill marks and they felt mushy. I then cut them open and scooped the insides into a bowl. I mixed cinnamon and a handful of brown sugar with the bananas and froze it for about 20 minutes.
Grilled bananas after grilling!

     Even for almost under cooking the pork, it came out really good. The dipping sauce was a nice compliment to the pork. The sauce was also good mixed with our buttered noodles that we had with the pork. Isabella ate her meat and even wanted more. She doesn't eat meat well so it must be good if she wants more. We ate the bananas for dessert and thought they were awesome.
Pork, sauce and noodles!

Up close and personal!
I hope everybody has a good week. Look for part two of last weekend's grilling coming soon. Happy grillin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment