Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Citrus Grilled Cod and Grilled Pizza!

I had a fairly relaxing weekend. We ran errands Saturday morning and I grilled dinner Saturday and Sunday. Saturday for dinner, I grilled some cod. I rinsed and dried the cod and put it in my flexible grilling basket. Next, I seasoned it with salt, pepper, lemon pepper and Old Bay. Then, I put sliced onions on top and alternated sliced tangerine and lemon. The whole thing went on the grill at medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes. It was almost -2 degrees out so it took a little longer. I took the fish off when it started to flake easily with a fork. When we ate it, we squeezed the lemon and orange over our fish. We had it with rice and peas. Isabella kept calling the peas "corn." The fish was very good and had a nice flavor to it. It also still was moist and not too dry like fish can get.
Fish on the grill! (I thought this was cool pic!

Citrus Fish!
       For Sunday dinner, I grilled pizza and cheese bread with homemade dough. I got the dough recipe from a blog post that Stacy found on Pinterest. I did one thing differently though. I didn't proof the yeast since we used rapid rise yeast that doesn't need to soak in water for 5 minutes. I just added all the ingredients to our stand mixer fitted with the dough hook and let it knead the dough till it all was stuck to the hook. I then let it rise twice and cut it in half. I formed each half into a ball and wrapped with plastic wrap. Each dough ball was then put in the fridge for a couple hours till it was time to make dinner.
       I let the dough warm up a little while I prepped the grill and ingredients. I then stretched one of the dough balls on my bbq pizza pan until I had about a 12 inch round circle. Then, I poured some garlic butter sauce leftover from one of our previous pizza orders, in the bottom of my cast iron skillet. I brushed it around and stretched the other dough ball to fit the bottom of the pan. On the dough in the cast iron, I spread a layer of Pampered Chef Beer BBQ sauce. This sauce is one of our favorites for making bbq pizza. I then added cubed smoked ham ( this was leftover from Christmas), diced sweet onion, pineapple tidbits, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. On the dough in the pizza pan, I brushed some of the garlic butter. Next, I topped it with cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. To top them both off, I ground pepper on each pizza. I grilled both the pizza and cheese bread over medium heat. I took the cheese bread off after 10 minutes. The bottom had nice grill marks and the cheese melted. I let the pizza cook for another 5 minutes. The bottom on the pizza was also crispy. We really liked everything. The dough had a good flavor and will become our go to pizza dough recipe. The cheese bread came out really good as did the pizza.
Cheese Bread!

Grilled Pizza!
       I came across a cool portable grill called Hot Box the other day. They are trying to start mass producing their grills right here in the good old USA and could use our help. Check them out and help them get off the ground if you like what you see.
        I hope everybody is looking forward to the Super Bowl this weekend. We are going to DVR it and watch the commercials after Isabella goes to bed. We just fast forward the game since we aren't big football fans. I will be making game type dinner though. We will be having turkey burgers with homemade buns and pineapple on the burgers. Also, I will be grilling potato skins. I hope everybody has a good week and enjoy the game or commercials this weekend. Happy grillin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment